As much as I love Christmas, I haven’t really created many Christmas cards… Until today! Please meet Fairy with Snowflakes, the sweet digital stamp is Fairy Bauble from Make it Crafty. Snowflakes are designed and created by me, cut out by Silhouette Portrait. And there are lots of photos below! Plus, you’ll meet my all time helper too “hard at work”!
As my usual routine, first I outline the digital images in Silhouette Studio software (photo below) and have my Silhouette cutter complete the intricate cuts — please check out my very first tutorial on how to use digital images.
Once the cut out is complete I start coloring, which is always the most fun! I color the images with Copic Markers (list of markers below plus the final photo) spending a lot of attention to details and quality. Once coloring is complete, I highlight some parts with Fiskars glitter gel pens or glitter glue to add a little extra glow, which looks beautiful in natural light. Also, the main character is always mounted with foam pieces to give the image a 3D look. I also combined several different snowflakes into one larger piece — originally cut out pieces below.
This time the focus was on red and green, and because I really like bluish green, just had to sneak those shades in as well.
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
*artwork is in the mail to my Mom, don’t tell her yet
Update on December 22, 2013: She made Top 3 with Creative Corner Challenge Blog! Thank you so much! It’s an honor!
The Copic markers I used — lots of colors today (more photos below):
Skin: E00, E11, E13, R20
Hair: E11, E13, E15, E18
Eyes: BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09
Berries: R24, R27, R29, R59
Leaves: G14, G16, G17, G19, G29
Wings: BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09, G00, G02, G03, G05, G07, G09
Ornament: R24, R27, R29, R59, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09
I’m entering her in the following challenges:
– One Stitch At A Time Seeing Red Challenge# 193
– Make it Crafty Challenge#4 Red & Green
– Make it Crafty Facebook Design Team Call
– Twisted Tuesday 2TC 65 Cutting Corners
– The Crafty Bloggers Network Girly
– Digi Stamps 4 Joy Anything Goes
– Scribble & Scrap Challenge# 7 Always Anything Goes
– Copic Sverige Anything Goes Christmas
– MarkerPOP! Challenge#36 Holiday
– Stamping for the Weekend Use some Red
– Creative Corner Color It
– Color Me Creative Classroom Challenge# 83 Holiday Themed
– Jo’s Scrap Shack FFC#30 Winter
– Glitter N Sparkle Some Blue
– Ribbon Carousel RCC88 Anything Goes