What’s new in the old year? Although today is December 31st and we’re almost done with 2013, I have something new to share: Flower Ballerina birthday card and book mark, using the beautiful Aurora Wings image Flower Ballerina. As usual, all the background layers and swirly images are designed and created by me, cut out by my Silhouette Portrait. And there are lots of photos below as I am very certain most of you are wondering “what is with the red letters”? Keep reading, there is a reason, a very good reason.
As my usual routine…. Actually, unlike my usual routine (I think first time ever), I did not outline the digital images in Silhouette Studio software, nor had my Silhouette cutter complete the intricate cuts — but it’s possible: please check out my very first tutorial on how to use digital images.
Instead, the first layer has the image printed and then the shape cut out, then I enlarged the same shape and cut it out two more times from a purple and a white glitter paper. The same image was also used on the bookmark, just smaller.
Of course, coloring the main image is always the most fun! I color the images with Copic Markers (list of markers below plus the final photo) spending a lot of attention to details and quality. Once coloring is complete, I highlight some parts with Fiskars glitter gel pens or glitter glue to add a little extra glow, which looks beautiful in natural light. I also used Recollection Ocean glitter glue.
This time I played more with the extra pieces, got some swirly elements and butterflies to go on both the birthday card and the bookmark. And the red letters? This little girl loves rainbows so I cut her name out six times and airbrushed each with the colors of the rainbow, then glued each one after another and it made the perfect finish to her bookmark. And of course, made matching envelops for both the card and the bookmark. Happy Birthday sweet little girl!
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
*custom order, sold
The Copic markers I used — lots of colors today (more photos below):
Skin: E00, E11, E13, R20
Hair: YR20, YR21, YR24
Blue Flowers and Shoes: B00, B02, B04, B06
Pink Flowers and Dress: RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09
Background: B000, B0000
I’m entering her in the following challenges:
– Cut it Up Challenge Blog #35 New Year
– Make It Monday #172 Challenge
– Copic Marker Europe CAS Challenge# 24
– Stampin for the Weekend Anything Goes
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle #65 Favorite Image
– One Stitch at a Time Challenge #194 Anything Goes
– Crafts 4 Eternity #155 Anything Goes
– Alphabet Challenge W for Wish
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge
– The Paper Shelter Anything Goes
– Paper Pretties Bring in the New Year
– Miriam Crafting Blog Home Made Gift
– Divas By Design Anything Goes
– Digistamps 4 Joy Challenge #82 Anything Goes
– Crafty Creations Challenge #253 Anything Goes
– 7 Kids College Funds Anything Goes
– Twisted Tuesday New Beginning
– Tuesday Morning Sketches Anything Goes
– Ladybug Crafts CAS
– Crafty Sentiment Designs Birthdays Challenge
– Bearly Mine Challenge Anything Goes
– Cute Cards #301 Anything Goes
– Bronte and Bella Challenge
– 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes
– Anonymous Stamps Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Keep it Simple! Anything Goes