Expected to see a fairy? Cute little kids? Maybe a sweet kitten? But not today. Today, I need you to come a little closer and meet my gorgeous Leopard, part of my very first folding card. The beautiful digital leopard stamp and craft papers are by Coosty Creations — just beautiful!
The card itself is a custom order and I know we always chat about artists but I’d like to take the time and really send a HUGE THANK YOU to each and every one of you who have asked me to create an art piece based on your imagination, dreams and hopes. I feel absolutely humbled and honored that you trust me with your special projects. Thank you!
How did I create this card?
First of all, I need to give credit to Julie Price who created a folding card last week and inspired me with it. Thank you, Julie! Also, if you’d like to create your own folding card, please visit StampARTic tutorial for complete details, perfect step by step help.
Starting out with a 12 x 12 craft sheet, I used my brand new Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Scallop 3-dot set —- these are really the best I have found, the set comes with a corner cutter and the straight lines as well, works perfectly each and every time. I also used the set to create the card front, back and inside. To create the rest of the pieces, I completely followed StampARTic’s tutorial.
Once the folding card was complete, as my usual routine, I turned to Silhouette Studiothen and outlined the leopard with a little extension below so I could fit it into the square front piece — please check out my very first tutorial on how to use digital images. And of course, there’s another tutorial on how to work with more complex digital images. Once prints and cuts were complete, I colored the leopard with Copic markers. Then assembled everything.
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
* artwork is customer order, sold
Even decorated the back of the card
The Copic markers I used:
Fur: E00, E11, E13, E33, E35, E37, E47
Eyes: YR20, YR21, YR24
I’m entering her in the following challenges (not entered to all listed, some challenge I’m just keeping so I can remember to check the wonderful artworks):
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #61 Show Off New Stuff
– Tiddly Inks CAS Challenge# 124
– Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
– Make It Monday Challenge
– Stampin for the Weekend Challenge
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge
– Alphabet Challenge Y for Young
– Divas By Design Challenge
– 7 Kids College Funds Anything Goes
– Cute Cards #304 Warm it Up
– 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Keep it Simple! Anything Goes
– Crafting When We Can #61 Challenge
– Love to Scrap Challenge
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge
– Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
– Card Making Mamas Move it Challenge
– Brown Sugar Anything Goes Challenge
– Totally Papercrafts Challenge#202
– Wags n Whiskers Challenge# 120 Anything Goes
– Sweet Stampin’ Favorite Style
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Anything Goes
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge