With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about new cards, gifts and surprises for our loved ones. (more photos below)
How did I create this card?
About a week ago, I saw a tutorial by Karen Burniston who was showcasing the new accordion die sets, #769 to be exact but it’s so new that nobody that I know of is shipping it yet… However, I was able to find some of Karen’s earlier sets: Sizzix Bigz Die Cut, Album Accordion Flip 3-D with the matching die cut, frame and label set. For paper, I used Papermania Capsule Collection by Jesse Edwards which is a beautiful blue floral set.
Once the accordion pieces were all complete, as my usual routine, I turned to Silhouette Studiothen and outlined both Romeo and Juliet — please check out my very first tutorial on how to use digital images. And of course, there’s another tutorial on how to work with more complex digital images. Once prints and cuts were complete, I colored the images with Copic markers. Then assembled everything. And for the first time ever, used Glossy Accents by Ranger Ink to cover the rose.
And of course, no Valentines Day card can go without a sentiment (at least in my mind) so I turned to music. And even thought my friends know that I hardly listen to the actual lyrics (more like comfortable background noise), there are some amazing songs in my favorites. So I chose Sara Bareilles: The Light — absolutely breathtaking song that was most fitting for my card. Thank you, Sara for being so talented and amazing! And with the lyrics, the card was complete!
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
* artwork is available for purchase
Even decorated the back of the card
The Copic markers I used:
Skin: E00, E11, E13,
Hair & Pants: E00, E11, E13, E15, E18
Veil: BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07
Shirt and dress: G12, G14, G16, G19
I’m entering her in the following challenges (not entered to all listed, some challenge I’m just keeping so I can remember to check the wonderful artworks):
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #61 Show Off New Stuff
– Tiddly Inks CAS Challenge# 124
– Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
– Make It Monday Challenge
– Stampin for the Weekend Challenge
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge
– Alphabet Challenge Y for Young
– Divas By Design Challenge
– 7 Kids College Funds Anything Goes
– Cute Cards #304 Warm it Up
– 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Keep it Simple! Anything Goes
– Crafting When We Can #61 Challenge
– Love to Scrap Challenge
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge
– Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
– Card Making Mamas Move it Challenge
– Brown Sugar Anything Goes Challenge
– Totally Papercrafts Challenge#202
– Wags n Whiskers Challenge# 120 Anything Goes
– Sweet Stampin’ Favorite Style
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Anything Goes
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge