One of my favorite challenge hosts, One Stitch At A Time had a “White+1” challenge so I started thinking about the card, the message, the paper and once created everything, I found out that the challenge closed — I played around too long and missed out… BUT, this challenge got me thinking! What about Dads? All those amazing, loving and caring Dads who want to give a Valentine’s day card to their son or daughter but not too crazy about sweet little flowers and lace and such? So that’s how these cards were born —- the perfect cards from Dads!
How did I create this card? I chose my new Tiddly Ink’s My Wild Child digital stamp as it really reminded me of my little girl and I, also fell in love with the quote by Maryann K Cusimano, just absolutely heartfelt.
As my usual routine, I turned to Silhouette Studio to outline and have my Silhouette cutter complete the intricate cuts — please check out my very first tutorial on how to use digital images. And of course, there’s another tutorial on how to work with more complex digital images.
Once prints and cuts were complete, I colored the foxes and made my die cuts with the gorgeous accordion dies set by Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston with the matching frame and label set. Also, I used The Paper Studio’s Beach House paper pack for one card and Farm House’s Fair Skies paper pack for the other card.
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
* artwork is available to purchase at Son of a Bean Coffee House and will be used as the base for our February 8th event: Make a Valentine’s Day Card!
The Copic markers I used:
Fox Fur on wood card: E11, E13, E15, E18
Fox Fun on green & flower card: E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, E29
I’m entering her in the following challenges (not entered to all listed, some challenge I’m just keeping so I can remember to check the wonderful artworks):
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #62 Use Embellishments
– Tiddly Inks Challenge Tags
– Simon Says Stamp Love Notes
– Make It Monday #177 Milk Coffee
– Stampin for the Weekend Challenge Anything but a Card
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge# 70 Buttons
– Alphabet Challenge Z for Zesty Colors
– Divas By Design Challenge
– 7 Kids College Funds Anything Goes with Valentine Twist
– Cute Cards #306 Something New
– 613 Avenue Create Challenge# 57 Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Keep it Simple! Challenge# 32 Square
– Crafting When We Can Challenge# 61 Recipe
– Love to Scrap #22 Tag, You’re It!
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge #71 Use a Doily
– Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
– Card Making Mamas Move it Challenge
– Brown Sugar Challenge # 79 Feathers
– Totally Papercrafts Challenge#204 CAS
– Sweet Stampin’ Love Valentine
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Anything Goes
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge# 198 Anything Goes