How did I create this card?
This is my 2nd folded card; if you remember, my first one was the Leopard so this time around, I actually created the card base first and then colored the digital image. Before I talk about the card, I’d to give credit to Julie Price who created a folding card earlier this year and inspired me with it. Thank you, Julie! Also, if you’d like to create your own folding card, please visit StampARTic tutorial for complete details, perfect step by step help.
Starting out with a 12 x 12 craft sheet, I used my Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Scallop 3-dot set —- these are really the best I have found, the set comes with a corner cutter and the straight lines as well, works perfectly each and every time. I also used the set to create the card front as well. To create the rest of the pieces, I completely followed StampARTic’s tutorial. One note about the paper: please get 2-3 extra sheets of different papers. I really love using Recollections semi-metallic paper. Other brands just don’t work well folded… some unfold, some break, some disfigure, all kinds of crazy things so my recommendation is staying with Recollections, Michael’s Craft store brand.
Once the folding card was complete, as my usual routine, I turned to Silhouette Studiothen and outlined Lisbeth and the little bunnies plus created just the little bunny and the carrot basket — please check out my very first tutorial on how to use digital images. And of course, there’s another tutorial on how to work with more complex digital images. Once prints and cuts were complete, I colored the images with Copic markers. Then assembled everything. I used Fancy Pants Parkbench stock paper pack — love that it’s made in US! The ribbon came from Clear Bags, just a wonderful local business I get as many supplies from as possible.
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
* artwork is available to purchase
The Copic markers I used:
(will update shortly)
I’m entering her in the following challenges (not entered to all listed, some challenge I’m just keeping so I can remember to check the wonderful artworks):
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #62 Use Embellishments
– Tiddly Inks CAS Challenge# 126
– Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
– Make It Monday Challenge
– Stampin for the Weekend Challenge
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge
– Alphabet Challenge Z for Zesty Colors
– Divas By Design Challenge
– 7 Kids College Funds Anything Goes
– Cute Cards #307 Lots of Love
– 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Keep it Simple! Anything Goes
– Crafting When We Can #61 Challenge
– Love to Scrap Challenge
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge
– Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
– Card Making Mamas Move it Challenge
– Brown Sugar Anything Goes Challenge
– Totally Papercrafts Challenge#204
– Wags n Whiskers Challenge# 120 Anything Goes
– Sweet Stampin’ Challenge
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Anything Goes
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge