So many wonderful crafty groups, so many wonderful friends, so many wonderful creative ideas! Some groups work around sketches, others use lots of cutting techniques and then there is a group of extremely talented people who color. I mean color up a storm! Do you know who I’m talking about? Yes, I’m referring to Make it Crafty and the ever talented Facebook Group with an awesome Facebook Fan Page — please visit them all, you will be so happy you did!
As most creative sites, some weekly challenges involve sketches and, I must admit, they’re not something I ever consider… just not my favorite to follow… but, thanks to some friends’ encouragements at Make it Crafty, I decided to give Sketch#6 a try and that’s how my birthday card to my sweet little Bell Bell was born; used the following images: Girlfriends skipping, Rosey Walk, Rainbow Meadow and Whimsical Flowers.
I took each of the background images and placed them in InDesign and then placed one of the girlfriends over each background image keeping the overall measurement of each image at 3″ x 3″. Once printed, I made my die cuts with the gorgeous accordion die set, can use Karen Burniston’s die set by Sizzix or there’s a new wafer-thin version of the album available by Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston. And if you really love accordion cards, there are many other possibilities as well. Also, I used Fancy Pants Parkbench paper along with Fancy Pants Be. Loved paper — love that they’re all made in the USA, please support our local manufacturers!
Once everything was colored (few hours of fun!), I used a string to serve as jump rope for the little friends and added Ranger Glossy Accents to highlight the little birds, the ladybug and the rainbow — my Bell’s favorite color!
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
The Copic markers I used: will list shortly, there were so many
I’m entering her in the following challenges (not entered to all listed, some challenge I’m just keeping so I can remember to check the wonderful artworks):
– Marker Pop Challenge#37
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #63 Love
– Tiddly Inks Challenge Primary Colors
– Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
– Make It Monday #179 Challenge
– Stampin for the Weekend Challenge Flower Power
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge# 72
– Alphabet Challenge A for Always and Forever
– Divas By Design Challenge Rubber Stamp Only
– 7 Kids College Funds Challenge# 93 Anything Goes
– Cute Cards #309 Buttons and Bows
– 613 Avenue Create Challenge# 59 Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Crafting When We Can Challenge# 63 Bling
– Love to Scrap #24 Anything Goes
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge #73 Textures
– Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
– Card Making Mamas Make it Sparkle
– Brown Sugar Challenge # 81 Use a Die Cut or Punch
– Totally Papercrafts Challenge
– Sweet Stampin’ Challenge
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Anything Goes
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge# 200