Something very new today: my very first boy card! And what else could it be than my beloved Milk N Coffee’s image: Boy plays with Sand Castle. Please take a look at our Design Team’s wonderful creation for today’s show case at Milk N Coffee.
A little secret: I LOVE the ocean! I can simply go to the beach and all the worries in life stop and if it’s my choice, beach time is in Carmel-by-the-sea and Pacific Grove. So the sweet little boy was really destined to make a nautical card!
How did I create this card? With the idea of wanting to make a nautical card, I was stuck… didn’t really have any nautical themed paper or embellishment… so I made some. First of all, picked out my favorite Neenah Wausau Pearlescent Cardstock in navy blue and some standard white card stock. Once cut these 12×12 sheets into half, I started slicing each by 1/4″ little strips and then placed these little slices on the opposite color to create a white and blue stripes effect. Once the front of the card was half way lined, I cut a large circle out from the middle and outlined the cut line with some hemp twine bead cord from Bead Landing.
On a separate Neenah solar white stock paper, I printed and colored the image with Copic markers and placed under the circle cut. Now the embellishments: created each element in Silhouette Studio and let my Silhouette Portrait make the intricate cuts — photo below — and then assembled everything. I hope you like my card as much as I loved creating it. And my favorite part: tied a sailor knot!
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize the artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
* artwork is available to purchase at Son of a Bean Coffee House
The Copic markers I used:
Hair: YR20, YR21, YR24
Skin: E00, E11, E13
Sand: E30, E31, E33, E35, E43
Sky: B0000, B000, B00, B01, T0, T2
Outfit: BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG10
Bucket: R22, R29, R46, R59, R89
Flags: YG11, YG61, YG63, Y08, Y17, B16, B26
Anchor and wheel: E71, E77, E79
I’m entering her in the following challenges (not entered to all listed, some challenge I’m just keeping so I can remember to check the wonderful artworks):
– Marker Pop Challenge#37
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #63 Love
– Tiddly Inks Challenge Tags
– Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
– Make It Monday #179 Challenge
– Stampin for the Weekend Challenge Flower Power
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge# 72
– Alphabet Challenge A for Always and Forever
– Divas By Design Challenge Rubber Stamp Only
– 7 Kids College Funds Challenge# 93 Anything Goes
– Cute Cards #309 Buttons and Bows
– 613 Avenue Create Challenge# 59 Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Crafting When We Can Challenge# 63 Bling
– Love to Scrap #24 Anything Goes
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge #73 Textures
– Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
– Card Making Mamas Make it Sparkle
– Brown Sugar Challenge # 81 Use a Die Cut or Punch
– Totally Papercrafts Challenge
– Sweet Stampin’ Challenge
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Anything Goes
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge# 200