What an incredible week! I’m so happy to share that I’ve been invited to join the wonderful Elizabeth Craft Designs’ first ever Design Team!
What can I say? I’m still sitting on my pink clouds smiling rainbows! Simply honored, excited and ready to try all the fun products Elizabeth Craft Designs offers.
As you have seen my earlier cards, I’ve been in love with Karen Burniston’s new Pop It Ups die sets, which are part of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ product line. Today I would like to show you my “Just for You” cards using the Accordion Circle Card die set — love that they’re made in the USA, please support our local manufacturers!
Something important to start with: I chose The Paper Studio’s Blanc Boutique card stocks in pearl finish for the sentiment and the card base, which is very important as this paper folds and bends nicely without breaking apart — not all card stocks are created equal! I also used DCWV’s The Glitzy Brights papers for cutting out the scalloped circles and the floral card base overlay — was also important for the small details to come out nicely.
As my usual routine, I imported the fairy images into Silhouette Studio, outlined and let my Silhouette cutter complete the intricate details. Once all cuts were complete, I used Copic markers to color these sweet little fairies but I didn’t stop there today, also applied glue on top of their wings and sprinkled mica flakes over. I also took 3 layers of my sentiment and glued them on top of each other to create a more in depth look, plus outlined the top layer with Ranger Glossy Accents to give a nice glow and a more 3D look.
The one major change in my coloring this week is that I’m trying new ideas and testing new color combinations. Thanks to Alyce’s wonderful new coloring classes at Kit and Clowder Coloring Community, my new favorite skin color combination is: E000, E00, E04, E11, and E21 — please check out her incredible site and sign up for a class or two or really for all of them!
And please remember that I am always happy to create a custom artwork for you with a name, a quote or a special message, endless possibilities really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I am also posting more detailed photos below, please check them out too.
The Copic markers I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E04, E11, E21
Hair: E40, E41, E42, E43, E49, E74
Yellow Dress and Wing: Y00, Y02, Y04, Y08, Y17, YR09
Blue Green Dress and Wing: BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05
Mushroom: E70, E71, E74, E79
Ladybug and hairband: R24, R46, R59
Leaves: YG03, YG11, YG61, YG63, YG67, G99
I’m entering her in the following challenges (not entered to all listed, some challenge I’m just keeping so I can remember to check the wonderful artworks):
– Kit and Clowder March Challenge Wings
– Sugar Nellie Sugar Bowl Challenge 113
– Marker Pop Challenge#37
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #63 Love
– Tiddly Inks Challenge Primary Colors
– Make It Monday #180 Challenge
– Stampin for the Weekend Challenge Sparkle and Shine
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge# 74
– Alphabet Challenge A for Always and Forever
– Divas By Design Challenge Make it Sparkle
– 7 Kids College Funds Challenge# 94 Anything Goes
– Cute Cards #310 Spring Time
– 613 Avenue Create Challenge #61 Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge
– Crafting When We Can Challenge# 64 Anniversary
– Love to Scrap #24 Anything Goes
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge #73 Textures
– Card Making Mamas #81 Stack it Up
– Brown Sugar Challenge # 83 Color
– Totally Papercrafts #208 Make it Shine Challenge
– Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Cute
– Crafty Sentiments Love
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge# 202