Let’s play with some super fun Elizabeth Craft Designs flowers today! Thank you for being here for the first ever Elizabeth Craft Designs Designers’ challenge! How exciting, right?
Please remember to tell me in your comments below if you like this format of steps as I would like to hear what you think, plus now all supplies used are listed at the end for easy reference.
1. Let the fun begin with some white card stock paper! I used a Silhouette cut file so we can create our vase. Once the base is done, I decided to do some extra steps: cut my Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD) Shimmer Sheetz to size that will cover the outside of our vase and use the ECD Swirly Curves embossing folder — just gorgeous.
2. Now it’s time to bring out our Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Adhesive and my absolute favorite, Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter — I think I am actually addicted to this glitter!
3. Next I place my card stock paper down, peel off the release sheet of the double-sided adhesive and then place this over the card stock. Now we can peel of the other side’s release sheet, add the glitter, rub it into the sheet and just brush off the extra. And yes, it’s okay to sit back and admire a little, I do each and every time.
4. Using the Daisy die set, I cut 4 flower silhouettes out of the layered glittered-adhesive-card stock (try to say this 4 times!) and color them with Copic Y04, Y08 and Y17 markers — Els van de Burgt of Elizabeth Craft Designs has a wonderful video of this technique on YouTube: Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers.
5. Now we can cut out 4 overlay flowers from our White Velvet Adhesive sheet using the same Daisy die set and place this die cut velvet over the silhouette flower bases.
6. The Daisy Die set also has a leaf and a flower stem, which we can cut now, 3 layers of the stem makes a really nice thick stem that can hold our flower up in the vase.
7. Since the shimmer sheetz have a gorgeous pink – lavender – white glow, I decided to tie some soft lavender ribbon around the vase. By the way: the bow was the first attempt and got it right! Something that never ever EVER happen, still cannot believe it.
8. Ever since I received my Ladybugs die set, I’ve been looking for a way to use them as, in mind, ladybugs go with daisies. So let’s cut the silhouette base from black card stock and use some Red Velvet Adhesive sheet for the layover pieces — just a sweet addition.
9. Once all the flowers are assembled, we can simply create some cross over sections on the inside of the vase that can hold the flowers apart and voilà! we now have a beautiful shimmer vase with glitter daisies. And yes, two little ladybugs!
I hope that you enjoyed this little gift and please ask me questions, I’m happy to answer!
White Card Stock
White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
Swirly Curves Embossing Folder
Double Sided Adhesive
Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Daisy Die Set
Lady Bugs Die Set
Velvet Adhesive Sheets
I’m entering the following challenges:
– Marker Pop Challenge#39 Anything Goes
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #66 Inspired by a book
– Alphabet Challenge D is for Diecut
– 613 Avenue Create Challenge# 64 Anything Goes
– Crafting When We Can Challenge# 65
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge Happy Birthday!
– Brown Sugar Challenge # 87 Easter
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Mothers Day
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge# 205