Something fun today: it’s time for the Kit and Clowder April challenge! Every month we will be doing a fun new challenge over on the Kit and Clowder website where you can win a prize from one of our amazing sponsors: the April Challenge is starting today!
Our fabulous challenge sponsor this month is Whimsy Stamps!
Whimsy Stamps also sponsors the Kit and Clowder website and have generously donated a $15 gift certificate to the winner of this challenge! You do not need to use a whimsy stamps image to participate but there are some fabulous images over in the store to inspire you.
This month we would love to see your Blue Creations! What should be blue? It can be any part of your project, would love to see your coloring or your papers or embellishments, entirely up to you! Our design team has created some fabulous inspiration this month and have even listed what colors we have used in the mediums to create some beautiful blue hues. The challenge will remain open until the first Saturday of the next month. Hope to see you all playing along!
And you already know that I created a card as well, of course I did! Would you like to see how? Of course, you would!
I used Babe at the Beach digital image, who actually reminds me of my little girl when we first started going to the ocean, carrying her little bucket and shovel, ready for the sand and the waves. Of course, life is better at the beach!
1. Using Silhouette Studio, I outlined my cute little girl and had my Silhouette Portrait make the perfect cut around her.
2. Colored her with Copic markers, which is always sooooo much fun! Skin: E000, E00, E11, E21 and E04. Hair: E 42, E43, E74, E49. Hat and swimsuit: B000, B00, B01, B02, B05 and B18. Bucket and shovel: R22, R24, R29, R46 and R59. I also cut out some sailboats and other elements and colored them all with the same Copic colors.
3. Using Momenta card stock paper, I had created an overall 6″ wide x 12″ tall composition, scored at 6″ and used one of my favorite die sets, Lucy Label Pop Up cutting die set by Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston — perfect cut each and every time! And these awesome cutting dies are Made in the USA!
4. Have you seen Elizabeth Craft Designs’ shimmer sheetz? Oh, I hope you try them! I don’t believe that pictures do justice to the true beauty of the Turquoise Gemstone color I used! I cut the waves, the sailboat parts and even the sentiment using Silhouette Portrait on double-cut setting —- the most flawless and absolutely perfect cuts I’ve ever seen!
5. Once all cuts, colors, trims and everything are done, assembly can start. Most elements are sitting on 3D foam squares to add additional dimension to everything. The papers I used were 6 x 6 Glitz paper pack: Uncharted Waters by Traci Smith and Momenta Cardstock
And here’s our finished card — Sandy toes and salty kisses! Hugs, Rita
I’m entering the following challenges:
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Alphabet Challenge D for Die Cuts
– 7 Kids College Funds Challenge# 96 Anything Goes
– 613 Avenue Create Challenge# 66 Anything Goes
– Crafting When We Can Challenge #66 For a Child