Good morning, friends!
I would like to share my Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team card today: Thank You with Lovely Hydrangea! Yes, You! Thank you for being here reading my notes and always responding with kind and sweet comments!
Shall we get started with our new card? I have lots of photos to share today and the supply list is at the end with all the links you’ll need.
1. We’re starting out with the Hydrangea peel-off stickers, double sided adhesive, Amethyst Gemstone and Green Metallic shimmer sheetz.
2. Let’s first peel the release sheet of our double-sided adhesive, keep this for our next step and attached the adhesive side to our Amethyst Gemstone shimmer sheetz.
3. Now we can use the release sheet we just saved and as we take each of the peel off stickers, we can place each one with sticky side up — this helps us position each of the peel off sticker apart from each other yet not worrying about the shapes.
4. Once we have all our stickers sticky side up, we can place the double-sided-shimmer sheetz over it, just like this image shows.
5. Oh, did I mention we’re going to use glitter? Of course we are! That’s one of my favorite part! So let’s bring out our Warm Diamond silk microfine glitter and add to adhesive side of our combined layers. After we added the glitter, we can shake off the extra and simply use our fingers to rub the surface, which allows the glitter to stick and remain looking so gorgeous, just like this image shows:
6. And yes, it’s time to pull out our crafting scissors and cut around each glittered up flower piece.
7. You might be wondering why we started out with 2 shimmer sheetz and yes, you’re correct, we’ll be using the Green Metallic shimmer sheetz for our leaves. I’d like to share a trick —- thanks to my lovely design team friends I now know too —- for die cutting shimmer sheetz: need to use the metal adaptor plate so every die cut comes out perfectly!
8. Using our Accordion Circle Card die set, it’s time cut out the card base premium card stock and also another set using one more Shimmer Sheetz: Imperial Garnet Gemstone. Using a regular blade we can simply cut out the inner circle from my shimmer sheetz and use a smaller circle to make yet another die cut. Since we have so many gorgeous leaves already, I think it’s best to use the curvy leaves embossing folder and what can I say? I think I sat over this card base admiring it for minutes! Just gorgeous really!
9. I use Tombow multi-use liquid glue for everything I need to glue and it works very nicely here adding the shimmer sheetz leaves to the shimmer sheetz circles and card base.
10. Once the leaves are on, we can add two scalloped circle card stock die cuts to the middle of each circle and add more leaves on top — I like the layered and dimensional look. Now we can add our lovely little flowers too, some glued directly on top of the leaves, some added with tiny foam squares to further achieve our dimensional look.
11. Using the left over piece from our earlier layered, glittered shimmer sheetz, we can also use the “Thank You” die set , add to our card and now we are done! How gorgeous is this card! I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.
Would you like to know two little fun facts about this card? Fact#1: I created 22 little flowers without even knowing and 22 is my lucky number! Fact#2: this is probably my very first card I didn’t use any of my Copic markers creating it, no coloring whatsoever and I love this card so much!
As always, please leave your comments and / or questions in your comments, I’ll respond to each note, hugs, Rita
Supplies used today:
Hydrangea Peel-0ff Sticker sheet
Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz
Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
Green Metallic Shimmer Sheetz
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Accordion Circle Card Die Set
Thank You Die Set
Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder
Metal Adaptor Plate