Something NEW again today: it is launch time at All Dressed Up, and we have four fantastic images for you for this months launch!
Just So Cool
Little Flower Girl
On My Farm
They are just sooooo great! And to purchase any of the images please head on over to the Etsy Shop.
Did I make a card? Of course I did! For my design, I chose On My Farm and had so much fun!
Let’s see how:
1. Since I knew that I wanted to do a pop up card to have a Spring feel, I started with my papers: Fancy Pants Parkbench is one of my absolute favorites right now!
2. Next I picked one of my favorite dies sets by Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston is the Lucy Label Pop Up die set. I say this so many times but will say again (and again and again) that these die sets are amazing! Everything lines up, everything cuts and looks perfect, couldn’t have asked for better! And they’re made in the USA!
3. I cut a 6″ x 12″ clear acetate sheet, scored at 6″ and only glued my 6″ x 6″ Fancy Pants paper sheets partially: the top was glued on the top and bottom was only glued at the bottom of the acetate base. Then I die cut with the Lucy Label die set at the 6″ fold mark.
4. And here comes the little trick: I cut the Fancy Pants paper sheets at the pop up section so it’s really only the acetate base that pops out. The cut out pieces I was able to glue back somewhat seamlessly as now I glued the entire 6″ x 6″ pieces onto the acetate base. Photo’s below to show a side view.
5. Using a 6″ x 12″ craft paper base, I printed the sentiment on the front of the card. Then attached the inside to the craft paper, which is my outside.
6. Using Adobe PhotoShop, I separated the elements of my digital image so now I have individual elements including a fence that I drew extra panels for.
7. Now I could add all these separated elements into my Silhouette Studio Designer edition and outline each element so my Silhouette Cutter could make the intricate cuts.
8. Once again, I went back to my absolute favorite die sets: Elizabeth Craft Designs and Karen Burniston! Used All Seasons Tree making the cloud die set to cut out my little white clouds, tree sections and my little Moo!, Oink! and baa! words — oh so much fun! Used the same die set to cut out my trees as well for the backgrounds.
10. Favorite part of all crafting: coloring with Copic markers!
11. Once everything was cut out, printed, colored and all, it was just time to assemble.
I honestly had a ton of fun creating this card and never even know where the time went, just saw 4 o’clock in the morning (I know, I’m crazy) roll around so had to get some sleep…
Please remember that our current theme is Spring at All Dressed Up and these images will be perfect for the challenge theme, plus you are in with a chance of winning 3 images of your choice! Also don’t forget to stop by our Facebook Group to share your All Dressed Up creations & chat to fellow crafters. And please keep an eye out for more inspiration from the rest of The Dressy Girls throughout the month.
Please remember that I am always happy to personalize my artwork with a name, a quote or a special message, endless options really. Also, colors are always customizable options, after all Copic Markers come in 358 different colors!
I’m entering the following challenges:
– Marker Pop Challenge#41 Anything Goes
– The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #68 Use a die cut or a punch
– Stampin for the Weekend Your Favorite Stamp
– Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes
– Glitter n Sparkle Challenge# 81 Easter / Spring colors
– Alphabet Challenge E for Easter
– Divas By Design Challenge Bundle of Joy
– 7 Kids College Funds Challenge# 97 Anything Goes
– Cute Cards Challenge Splish Splash
– 613 Avenue Create Challenge# 68 Anything Goes
– Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge Spring
– Crafting When We Can Challenge #67
– Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge #77 Ladies
– Card Making Mamas Challenge #85
– Brown Sugar Challenge # 87 Easter
– Totally Papercrafts Challenge #215 Tag It
– Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Lots of Layers
– Crafty Sentiments Challenge Lots of White
– One Stitch At A Time Challenge #209 Favorite Things