Good morning friends!
Sunny California Spring has been so good to us, just so very good! Honestly, I absolutely love Spring! Nature comes alive again, trees are blooming, flowers are coming out and I get to see my garden of gorgeous violets, daffodils and tulips every year. Since tulips are really my all time favorite flowers, I decided to create a tulip card today. The good news is that I remembered to take some pics along the way so it is now a mini tutorial.
I’m using Elizabeth Craft Designs peel off stickers:
1. Place tulip peel-offs on Neenah cardstock.
2. Color each tulip using your favorite markers or pencils. I used Copic Markers. For my dark pink tulips I used RV63, RV66 and RV 69, for the yellow tulips Y04, Y06, Y08 and E15, and for the leaves YG11, YG61, YG63, YG67 and G99.
3. Fussy cut around each flower.
4. The Peel-Off stickers created an embossed look.
5. Die cut little butterflies and a set of bows from the Yellow and Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Please remember to use the metal adaptor plate when die cutting.
6. Cut out two small strips from the same shimmer sheetz and take a quick picture of our curious little cat.
7. Cut a 6″ x 12″ card base, score at 6″ and fold in half.
8. Place all the elements on your work station and test out how you like them together. Once you have a good layout, take a photo that will help you assemble the entire card.
9. Assemble your card by adhering some tulips directly to the card base and some using foam squares for a more dimensional effect.
Thank you so much for taking a look at my card today and hope your Spring weather is kind to you as well!
Elizabeth Craft Designs products used:
SKU 0491 Tulips Peel-Off Stickers
SS 0104 Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
SS 0108 Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
798 Four Bows die set
713 Small Butterfly die set
803 Metal Adaptor Plate
Other supplies used:
Neenah white cardstock
American Crafts white cardstock