Good morning, friends!
Every year we make plans to take a trip to Pacific Grove in California to see the Monarch butterflies. Finally this year we saw them – what a magnificent wonders they are! So today when I was thinking back on our trip I knew right away what I wanted to include in my Elizabeth Craft Designs DT card, butterflies!!
To create my Elizabeth Craft Designs card:
1. Take out your Daisy Frame Peel-off stickers, a sheet of transparent Double Sided Adhesive and a clear sheet of acetate.
2. Peel off the release sheet from the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet and adhere the adhesive side to the clear acetate sheet. Peel off the other release sheet and set aside.
3. Place a large daisy and a daisy circle frame facing down (sticky side up) onto the release sheet and place the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet on top.
4. Cover the adhesive with Vintage Pink Silk Microfine Glitter, rub the surface with your finger and brush off the extra glitter.
5. Fussy cut around the two Peel-off stickers and use the remaining material to cut out “Thinking about You”.
6. Cut card base 6″ wide x 12″ high, score at 1.5″ and also at 6″ and fold. Cut 2 additional pieces 6″ wide x 6″high.
7. Keep the two 6″ x 6″ pieces together and die cut the middle with a circle die.
8. Cut clear acetate 6″ wide by 4″ high and adhere this piece in between the two 6″ x 6″ card stock pieces.
9. Adhere this layered 6″ x 6″ card stock to the 1.5″ high x 6″ slightly folded bottom portion of your card base. This will be the focal point of the card.
10. Cut one more 6″ wide by 6″ high card stock and die cut with the Stand Up Helper die. There are several (6) dies in the set, I chose the Flower Stand Up Helper. To guide better, keep a 6″ wide by 1.5 paper strip handy at the bottom and die cut two stand up helper portions.
11. Adhere the large daisy and the daisy frame onto the front of the card around the circle. Since the inside of our card has the same pattern as the front of the card, it is almost impossible to tell that there’s a layer of acetate sheet in between the front and back layer. Add glossy accents in the middle of each flower.
12. Die cut butterflies from Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
When we stand the card up, our center daisy is “floating” surrounded by all the gorgeous butterflies.
I hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial as much as I enjoyed creating this card. I absolutely love how the Stand Up Helpers made this card so unique and the butterflies are just gorgeous. I hope you are inspired to try this technique yourself!
Supplies by Elizabeth Craft Designs:
– (792) Stand Up Helpers die set
– (713) Small Butterfly die set
– (789) Thinking of You die set
– (SKU 1130) Daisy Frame Peel-Off Sticker
– (501) 5″ x 12″ Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
– (617) Vintage Pink Silk Microfine Glitter
– (SS 0106) Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz
– Paper Studio Blanc Boutique paper pack
– Clear Acetate