Good morning crafty friends,
Today I would like to share my nautical themed card with you, my Elizabeth Craft Designs DT card.
I have been fascinated by light houses as long as I can remember and never miss a chance to visit one. Of course, light houses were built to guide sailors and bring them back to land safely and that’s exactly how I think of them in our daily lives too. To me, a lighthouse can symbolize our homes, our friendship or something special and can be used as a special guide to bring our loved ones back to us safely.
I hope you have a nice cup of coffee or tea in your hand so you can sit back and enjoy my tutorial.
This is how you can create this fun nautical card:
1. Cut light blue cardstock 6″ x 12″, score and fold at 6″. Put aside.
2. Cut light blue patterned paper 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″. Cut white zig-zag patterned paper 2″ x 5 3/4″. Set aside.
3. Using the Accordion Fancy Label, die cut one accordion panel from yellow anchor paper. Cut out center label and trim off the long side tab to create one fancy label. Set aside.
4. Die cut fancy label from blue diagonal paper using the largest accessory die from the Accordion Fancy Label set. Set aside.
5. Die cut 10 flags from patterned paper using the triangle flag die from the Lots of Pops set. Set aside.
6. Using the large bubbles of the Rubber Ducky die set, die cut craft paper. Set aside.
Picture below will show you all the cuts for our card.
7. Next we will work with the Double Sided Adhesive, Peel-off stickers and white cardstock. Peel off the release sheet from the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet and adhere the adhesive side to white cardstock. Peel off the other release sheet and place it upside down on your craft mat (shiny side up). Place lighthouse and life ring peel-off sticker upside down on the release sheet (sticky side up) and place your white cardstock with the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet applied to it on top. Turn over, remove the release sheet and cover adhesive and peel-off sticker with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish and brush off the extra glitter. Fussy cut around each image.
8. Use your Copic or other alcohol markers to color peel-offs. Els also has a wonderful video of this technique on YouTube: Silk Microfine Glitter – Coloring with Alcohol Markers
9. Adhere the smaller Accordion Fancy Label onto the larger die cut with foam squares and prepare the large die cut with foam squares. Also adhere the magenta-white zig-zag piece onto the blue tile page.
10. Adhere the little flags onto natural hemp cord creating two separate strings. Also adhere the craft paper ‘bubble’ die cuts to create a ‘metal ring’ from more natural hemp cord.
11. Adhere the earlier assembled elements onto the card. Also adhere the lighthouse onto the Accordion Fancy Label die cut and place the life ring to the right with natural hemp cord connecting the two elements.
12. For the inside of our card, cut your desired page to 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ and add ‘Missing You’ large peel-off sticker from the “Thinking of You” Peel-off sticker sheet.
As always, I would like to thank you for following my tutorial and I hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I did creating it.
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies used today:
– (778) Lots of Pops die set
– (771) Accordion Fancy Label die set
– (920) Rubber Ducky die set
– (SKU 2574) Lighthouses Peel-off Sticker
– (SKU 2580) Thinking of You, Large Peel-off Sticker
– (502) Double Sided Adhesive
– (641) Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
– Natural hemp cord
– 6 x 6 Glitz paper pack , Uncharted Waters by Traci Smith
– Light blue and white cardstock
– Foam squares