Hello there, friends!
I would like to share my Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team card today: Hello Mr. Cat!
It’s been a fantastic week here since my best friend Monika came to visit and of course, between some morning coffee, visit to Carmel and afternoon wine tasting, crafting was part of our fun together. She asked me to make a cat card so we picked the peel-off sicker together, the paper, the die sets and then she sat and admired everything I was doing — so very sweet! So let’s see what we created together.
1. Cut a 6″ high by 12″ wide piece of craft paper for base. Also, cut a 5″ high by 12″ wide blue card stock paper and adhere it to the base.
2. Score at half of the width, at 6″ mark and fold.
3. Place the House Pivot Card die over the score mark and make the die cut. This is the first time I’m using the die set myself!
4. Cut 2 pieces of 2″ high by 6″ wide green cardstock if you have a 6″ x 6″ pad (like me) or one 2″ high by 12″ wide and score at 6″.
5. Use your grass shaped Stand Up Helper die to die cut the top of the green cardstock.
6. Use a craft blade to cut the connection points between each grass bunch and adhere the green cardstock to the lower portion of our card base. Set base aside.
7. Die cut the little flowers from the All Seasons Tree die set.
8. Take out your Cats in Frame Peel-Off stickers, Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Sheet and white cardstock.
9. Peel off the release sheet from the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet and adhere the adhesive side to the white cardstock. Peel off the other release sheet and set it to the side.
10. Place one of the cats, a bowl and a mouse from the Cats in Frame Peel-Off stickers facing down (sticky side up) onto the release sheet and place the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet on top.
11. Add Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the Double Sided Adhesive Sheet, brush off the extra glitter and rub the surface with your finger.
12. Use your Copic or other alcohol markers to color the surface.
13. Fussy cut around each object and complete the die cuts with the House Pivot Card and All Seasons Tree die sets.
14. Assemble the card with all the elements.
As always, I had a fun time creating this card and just so happy that Monika took my card to our mutual friend in Texas, made with love in California.
Thank you again for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Supplies by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs:
– (902) House Pivot Card die set
– (781) All Seasons Tree die set
Supplies by Elizabeth Craft Designs:
– (792) Stand Up Helpers die set
– (SKU 0360) Cats in Frame Peel-Off Sticker
– (501) 5″ x 12″ Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
– (639) Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
– DCWV The Glitzy Pastels cardstock
– Momenta cardstock